Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Man[goes] to Believe

        Learning and truly understanding something while just sitting and processing something displayed in a book or a blackboard has never been my thing. While this meant I always believed in experience and practice, many of the opportunities (like solving math problems with no real word effect) never interested me. The expectation to perform pressured me to take these opportunities, especially for the math contests I started doing. This tired me out really quickly since I had no interest in just memorizing instances and the formulas for them. What I really want is exposure to different real life scenarios that bring up different approaches to problems. For example, currently working at a small Indian grocery store has taught me how different employees put importance to different attributes, be it consumer friendliness, work efficiency, or low wastage. In addition, it also gave me an insight at the logistics of the supply and how it affects wastage and product storage. And not only this, but it also showed the importance of each individual worker in such small scale businesses. As such, I want to study for a semester in the National University of Singapore. Even though problems that arise might be similar, people throughout the world might have different approaches and ideas, and these different solutions and approaches are what causes growth, and I personally think that it is exciting and inspiring.

      As such I will always look to experience new things even if it makes me uncomfortable because new things provide very useful experience and knowledge

I BELIEVE . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment