Friday, February 12, 2021

Man[goes] to the Rendezvous

The word rendezvous seems just so professional. I rarely use the word because of the professionalism of the word. It is used in so many movies associated with the military and similar occupations. It feels like the abbreviation ETA needs to be always used with this word. The special way of saying "vous" also makes it sound foreign and makes it seem classy like "sch." This is different from how I would have thought to say these collection of words since I think I am a logical guy, and also many others who try to learn a second language, like my dad. Like, each single sound of each letter would be put together to enunciate the word. But, the word "rendezvous" like many are part of this mystical world that make no sense logically but follow these rules that are created in the world of a language.

But then there words whose enunciation make literally no fricking sense like onomatopoeia. Well it makes a bit of sense but it sounds like "onomanopia." That is how I learned for it be pronounced. Now I watch a youtube video and when going slowly the guy enunciates the "t." Like what, the most complex word and most confusing word I learned for a while was learned in a wrong way. Great. I can't tell if the people write down a word first or they pronounce it first. If they pronounce it right, then why don't they just write the word according to how you pronounce it.

YOU KNOW LOGIC. NO, NO, NOT THE RAPPER LOGIC, BUT THE OTHER ONE. WELL WE ARE GONNA THROW THAT OUT OF THE WINDOW.


No comments:

Post a Comment